Thread: Hello Guys!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 03:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Stephanie!

Hey honey! I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well and that IV IG gives you such a hard time! was whining about mine being set @ 150 mL an hour- now I feel like such a big fool!

Why doesn't your dr give you the plasma exchange? It just seems logical to me that if you get so sick, your body is telling you something.........My neuro was worried about my first IV IG and told me that if I had really nasty side effects, it would be my last - the plasma exchange would be my only option - fortunately I haven't had any yet........

When do you go back in to the hospital? Do they make you stay IN the hosp for the full time or are you able to go home after your treatments? Some very lucky people are able to get it at home - an option I would LOVE!

I'll add you to our prayer list - if that's alright with you!

Big, big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket001 View Post
Hi. I have been having trouble with my computer...just got a new touch tablet PC....so much easier on my fingers....

I was doing great after my last dose of IVIG...(back in May).....but my symptoms have relapsed again within about 5 weeks of the IVIG. Doc put me back in for 3 more days of IVIG. I am so scared that I will get aseptic meningitis again. They have slowed my rate to 35cc/hr...each infusion is lasting around 12-13 hours.