View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Talking I totally understand...

I haven't been able to read much lately either, Tessa.

The advantage of The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency is that they are so short, and not a huge time investment.

We found a book review in the Christian Science Monitor (my husband's fave
newspaper--but we are NOT Christian Scientists however), but the newspaper is just excellent, in many ways.

After checking out the first book, I ended up buying "used" on Amazon and
took them on vacation. As a series they are really unique, and very humanistic and positive. Something we need in this world!

I am so happy Tessa that you found them too. They are rather obscure, we have found. There is a new one out now in hardcover, I just discovered!

Lara, I think you would enjoy this series. If you find the first in the library, you will be "hooked"

I've been trying to get to Elizabeth George's new installment in the Havers/Lyndley series. But I just have been too busy. Maybe after the holidays. Ms George had a huge crisis on her website with the last novel, where she killed off a beloved character. Her fans were incensed ( I was shocked and upset too), and threatened to never read her again! So I am eager to read this one.
http://www.elizabethgeorgeonline.com/
What I love about Elizabeth George is that each novel is complex, and delves into a portion of the human condition, in addition to solving a "mystery".
I love her style, and psychological character development.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote