View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Now I'm noticing that the heat is making my vision a little dim. The light in my room is usually enough for me to read by, but now I'm having to use my book light to read my Kindle reader and other books.

I cant wait for fall. I like a constant 75* temperature, with the occasional rainstorm...and I'll still run the a/c during those kinds of temperatures.

This is interesting, I'm running a low grade temperature. (99*) Great...as if I'm not already hot enough...

I had to go to the Toyota dealership to get the a/c refreshed in my car. They didnt charge me for it, because they didnt refresh the freon/coolant. They told me that a fan had frozen over in the a/c because I had it on "fresh" air. Told me to run it on recirculated air and that made a BIG difference. I was getting kind of frosty on the way home from there. Good thing about that, a recharge of coolant would have been $160.

I figured out a good way to trick your brain into thinking you're cooler than you really are. Get a wet bandana. It doesnt have to be soaking, wrap it loosely around your wrist and tie it. The coolness from the damp fabric should last quite awhile, and all you need to do is re-wet it when it starts to dry or doesnt feel as cool.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-11-2010)