View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Wink you sound really caught up

Barbara,

one thing is you do sound really caught up in this. now i can only speak for myself but when i start to fall for someone i usually fall quite far before i realize what's happening and feel a little bit pre-hurt and have to bail myself out of my own feelings. because what my problem is is i focus on it too much... obsess about the situation.

and it sounds to me like you are getting real focused on it ... maybe too much... don't allow yourself to obsess that is dangerous territory. you can hurt yourself without anything even happening!

Try to occupy your mind with other things... read if you can... do manual work if you prefer but anything that also engages your mind to give yourself a break from thinking about this guy.

As far as the actual relationship... pursuing one or not... i think Jo gave really good advice. To be a successful couple, ultimately, you must be able to be friends. So test that territory first. And test it WELL. And once there is a standing friendship (not just acquaintanceship or casual frienship) then you can step it up. in two words "friends first."

take care

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-22-2009), Mari (06-22-2009)