View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
There will be thiamine in your B-complex. Just not a high enough dose to reverse PN caused by dehydrogenase enzyme failures.

In that case you just take 200mg a day of regular thiamine. It can be purchased inexpensively in any drug store, about 5 bucks.
Comes in 100mg tablets.

After 12 years of damage that was ignored, it will be difficult to
reverse that.
If you remove any toxins or things like gluten, you can stop progression, and perhaps heal. But expecting 100% healing is pushing the limit I would think at this time.

Are you exposed to solvents? working on cars, printing presses, etc? Refinishing wood? Continued use of solvents are defatting and may strip nerve insulation with time.
Yes I agree it's a long shot to think I can get all I have lost. If I could get half what I have lost I would be happy. I have learned to deal with pain pretty well so when I get moments when it's less I say wow it would be great to here.

I'm a programmer and do not use any chemicals at home. If I do I wear rubber gloves.

Honestly it's still progressing but not as fast as in the beginning. I've just made a commitment to give it my best for one year of eating right, taking the right vitamins and exercising. I have discovered like many that if I'm able to get my heart rate up high enough (like hiking) the pain is much less. I has to do with blood flow I just don't know what. More oxygen or more drugs flowing though me or something like that.

Thanks for the help mrsD!

Marty
Marty SLC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-23-2009)