View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 07:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty SLC View Post
Yes I agree it's a long shot to think I can get all I have lost. If I could get half what I have lost I would be happy. I have learned to deal with pain pretty well so when I get moments when it's less I say wow it would be great to here.

I'm a programmer and do not use any chemicals at home. If I do I wear rubber gloves.

Honestly it's still progressing but not as fast as in the beginning. I've just made a commitment to give it my best for one year of eating right, taking the right vitamins and exercising. I have discovered like many that if I'm able to get my heart rate up high enough (like hiking) the pain is much less. I has to do with blood flow I just don't know what. More oxygen or more drugs flowing though me or something like that.

Thanks for the help mrsD!

Marty
this makes me curious, usually the decrease in pain with exercise is d/t endorphins....endogenous morphine like substances....which ordinarily have a poor track record with neuropathic pain.....have you had you spine checked? do you really have neuropathy or is it perhaps radiculopathy? being a -programmer - how is you posture?....perhaps some general conditioning would be a good thing....perhaps a physiatrist? good luck
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote