View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girija View Post
... the reality of PD as described here was overwhelming for me. What do I believe in, a false hope that a cure is around the corner or the reality that nothing is there to help me? My symptoms get worse when I am down, and I can function better when my spirits are up. Given that, its true for many, what is wrong in living with a false hope especially for the newly diagnosed? If it works to slow down the progression and gives a few more years of "normal" life, isn't it worth it?

If I am fed false hope and if it works for me, I will use it for my advantage!!! I may sound naive, but that is my survival strategy.

Girija
Girija, like you, I have found that PD is more bearable if I hold on to hope and my faith that scientists will one day get it right and deliver the cure. I struggle to live in the moment and not project too far into the future or recall the past and my father-in-law's horrible end journey with PD some 25 years ago.

I focus instead on what I must do to hold the line against this insidious disease... believing I have some control over its course. Daily exercise is my strongest weapon against physical decline and helping other PWP through www.pdplan4life.com my greatest source of emotional strength.

In the words of MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.:
"If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream."

Girjia, hold onto your hope... it's all we've got.

sheryl
SherylJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
girija (06-23-2009)