View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Seronegative Patients How did you get your diagnosis?

Hi,

Im new to the forum so I apologise in advance if you have covered this ground before.

Im being bounced all over the place by the medical profession. Giving MG diagnosis, taking it away, giving diagnosis of cortical plasticity and no treatment other than lamotrigine which is making my hair fall out!

Those of you out there, is there anyone with a diagnosis of MG with the following criteria
Negative Blood Tests both the achr and Musk?
Negative SFEMG?
And open to interpretation Tensilon test? ( they said I didn't respond for long enough, it was captured on my phone and I reacted for over 3 minutes)
I do respond to Mestinon but Im getting weaker. I test myself daily to see how my strength is. I do the what I call the chicken wing test- sunday I could do 10, yesterday 8, today 4. I am struggling to type this.

So seronegative people how and where did you get the diagnosis?

I found this artcle but its only an abstract - which Angela Vincent was involved with that found that 56% of seronegative patients that they tested with SFEMG did not have "Jitter" - not positive. It was published in 2003, research was done in Japan.

[URL="http://jnnp.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/76/5/714"]

I dont know if I have posted this link right for the site so apologies in advance. Im not great with technology.

Thanks
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote