View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency

Hello all - I had some old bookmarks to posts on this site, and when I came across them today I thought I'd pop in and see if there was any discussion of "CCSVI" on here - the theory that MS lesions are associated with and likely caused by blockages in the veins that drain the brain (jugulars and azygos).

Recent research made possible by new imaging techniques seems to be finding such blockages (stenoses) in the veins of every MS patient tested so far - a doctor in California (Stanford's Dr Michael Dake) is doing interventional surgery to correct these blockages with venous stents - early results indicate relief from some MS symptoms (brain fog, heat sensitivity), although it is too soon to say what the longer term effects may be.

I suspect that further damage will be slowed or halted (if the veins do not close up again) - and we can even hope that once the pressure is off, the body might even do some healing of previous damages.

I tried to add some useful links to the research that has been done - but since I am new it was all wasted effort - I am not allowed to post links yet I guess. So just go to Google and search for "CCSVI and MS" or "zamboni multiple sclerosis" (Paolo Zamboni is the Italian doctor who did the major study that launched this) and you will find plenty of research, lots of discussion and debate, etc ... I hope you find hope in it, as I have!

zapalicious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote