View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 08:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I am under the care of a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (A rehabilitation medicine doctor/physiatrist). I am now almost 21 but during my teen years (from about 14-18 I was under a pediatric neurologist and then up until this past summer i have gone without a neurologist.

I just recently found an adult neurologist which is wonderful to work with the DO on pain control although at this point I only go about once every 4-6 six months.
Thanks for the response, HeatherAnne! Nice to "meet" you. I'm new here, too.
Could you please share your story of RSD with me? I have been trying to find younger people with RSD to talk to and I haven't found very many. I am 16, and I was just diagnosed with RSD November 16th 2006. I have been trying to find out so much so that hopefully I can recover. I have heard that if you are in your teens you've got an 80% chance of recovery... I am hopeful.

I currently am working with a pain management Dr., and I am going to probably change to a neurologist (if a regular neurologist from Honamonn will see me).

I am on neurontin and I am going to physical therapy 5 days a week (for 3 hours each time now!).

What did you do when you were first diagnosed? Like, what meds/ PT/ OT???

I can tell you more about me/ my story later on. I have to type the whole thing up, and it's hard because the RSD is in my shoulders/ shoulder blades all the way down my arms and into my hands. Usually my wrists and shoulders are the worst. But anyhow, typing/ writing are both hard.

Oh, do you happen to know of teen RSD forums/ sites? I am on a few email groups but they are so slow...

Last edited by InHisHands; 02-18-2007 at 01:15 PM.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote