View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Teeth Rush Limbaugh ... and a raccoon

ROFL! Which in itself is amazing as I have been at my wit's end with a raccoon problem. It's under my home and nested in the duct work. I could hear the babies from a vent in my living room quite some time back. April maybe? I thought maybe they had left...until I turned on my air conditioner this weekend.

NO AIR coming out of 2 vents. Daughter and I peeked down one using a mirror and flashlight, and the ducts are obliterated! Now I have heard it (them?) under the bathtub in my guest bathroom and the stench is overwhelming.

So...I started a quest for help. Obviously I need to have what I think is going to be some major repair but first have to get rid of the momma raccoon and her babies! HA!

I called last night and this morning to our city animal control. First person wasn't helpful and said, call a pest control agency. Today the lady was nice and told me they could not trap a wild animal for me, but said to do the following....
  1. Soak rags in ammonia and throw them under the house.
  2. But bright lights under there.
  3. Put a boombox or radio under there and turn the channel to talk radio.

...and then after 3 or 4 days put newspaper in the trench where the raccoon dug her way in and check to see if she comes back.

Well okay, fine. Pulling out my hair. Started to search the internet for other stories and my oh my, what a problem raccoons are! I ran into a blog from one raccoon victim who had me laughing out loud by the end of the story. It's LONG but worth it!

Oh and by the way....I looked up the contact email for Animal Control and sent them a message that I would try what they suggested as I am at wit's end, and wanted to share this guy's story with them and just how well the ammonia, lights and radio worked for him!

I'll be darned if immediately THE head person mailed right back and said WE WILL HELP! You've been misinformed! Big sigh of relief here.

Anyway....how Rush Limbaugh saved this man from the raccoon infestation he had. LOLOL! http://blogs.salon.com/0001772/stori...onStories.html

Oh, but first...my apologies to ANYONE who may be offended by the writing. Still and all...I thought it was hilarious.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill

Last edited by Doody; 06-23-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (06-23-2009), DejaVu (06-24-2009), ewizabeth (06-24-2009), Twinkletoes (06-24-2009)