View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 10:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

I just signed the petition, and my personal experience letter is:

# 1,182:
8:29 pm PDT, Jun 23, Name not displayed, Oklahoma

I have RSD/CRPS I, a very painful, chronic neurological condition. I must have medication (24/7), to ease the horrible burning, stabbing, deep achy pain. There is no cure for RSD/CRPS I. I am 50 yrs. old, and I am disabled because of this disease. I am home bound and rarely venture outdoors because of this condition;specifically, I cannot walk or stand for any length of distance/time. I feel pain from any physical contact, as well as a breeze, or hot/cold weather. The weather change and/or stress bring on pain flares that have lasted over 7 days. I rarely sleep more than 4 hrs at a time. I have gone without sleep 72 plus hours because of pain flares.My life as an active person is over. Further, my Pain Management doctor has told me several times that I will never get better, but will get progressively worse, over time. The doctor told me that he could make me feel more comfortable with the chronic pain I endure 24/7. The pain medications I take do not take all the pain away. I still have pain on a 24/7 basis, however, the pain is dulled down because of the medications. I do not feel a "high" from the medications that I take on a daily basis. I follow the contract that I signed with the Pain Management doctor that I see on a regular basis. Finally, I have been diagnosed with Major Depression, Anxiety/Panic Disorder, and Sleeping Disorder by a psychologist that I see every two weeks. My diagnosis is RSD/CRPS I,also known as Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain. I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (06-23-2009), fmichael (06-24-2009), loretta (06-24-2009)