View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The best test you can do is the Optimal Nutritional Evaluation at Genova Diagnostics though it isnt cheap around about $600. But well worth it in my opinion.

Comprises of Organic Acids, Metabolic Analysis and Oxidative Stress.

It will give you an insight into you anti-oxidant status, B-Vitamins, Methylation, Malabsorbtion markers, Bacterial Dysbiosis, Cellular energy and mitochondrial functioning, It will also show you your amino acid levels and if you are deficient in any the required supplementation will be written for you as well as any vitamin/minerals you are deficient in.

For myself for example: I needed B6 but i couldnt convert regular into the active p5p (Pyridoxial -5- Phosphate) form so i need to use the P5P form.

I needed MethylB12, Which is methylcobalamin due to poor conversion of cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin as well as methylcobalamins rule in being a good glutamate scavanger which i had high glutamate levels on my ONE test which could be due to neurological/biological stress. And also high Nitric Oxide levels which MethylB12 helps reduce.

And finally Folinic Acid i needed due to having a MTHFR (MethylTetraHydrofolatereductase) gene mutation which no amount of regular folic acid could ever fix.

My blood levels of B12 were 241 (200 - 800)
Folate - 1658 (635 >)

Doctors told me its all normal yet on a cellular level my cells we're severely lacking both nutrients causing me further illness.

I also see many CFIDS patients are actually severely hypothyroid and this is actually the cause of their CFS. Since hypothyroidism can mimic this disease in terms of chronic fatigue, weakness and subsequent symptoms.

And in order for you to get a grasp on your thyroid levels you need several test not just the TSH and FT4 which don't show you squat!

Thyroid Panel:

Total t3
Total t4
Free t3
Free t4
Reverse t3
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies
Thyroid Globulin Anti Bodies
Thyroid Binding Globulin
TSH
MetalMX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (06-29-2009), Megan (06-27-2009), mistiis (06-24-2009)