View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been reading this whole thread and I think that pbrown is panic-y in response to a period of time in which he/she knows that getting high was not a "responsible" think to do and is suddenly worried that something went horribly wrong. I think the first thing to note here is that there is no known answer to what might have been added to the mj, unless he knows where it was grown, by whom and how (homegrown). There are currently no guarantees about what substances may or may not have been used to enhance growing conditions, in what country, and whether or not there were pesticides, fertilizers or other chemicals. Until it's legally grown there are no guarantees. (personal comment, that's a real shame) Clearly the medicinal effects are beneficial to some people who suffer from pain and effects of chemo and other debilitating illnesses.
So, there are no guarantees about quality...
Next, whether the pain, numbness and pd is coincidental that it occurred while smoking weed, you may never know. It may have been an accident waiting to happen. At 220 pounds and age 43, unless pbrown is 6'3" or taller, it sounds like weight could be a problem. If that is the case then diabetes type II is a thought. It just might be too soon to diagnose. Is he urinating often? Does he get up at night to go to the bathroom?
My advice is to try to stop the panic. Trying asking doctor about switching from Elavil, which is really "old school" to Cymbalta, which addresses both seratonin and norepinephrine. Will help improve mood and y0"spirits". Start small with 20mg for 2 or 3 weeks and slowly increase to 40 or 60mg. a day. It has some side effects so start slow. Lyrica and Neurontin also have side effects, none the least of which is weight gain. So if that's an issue, you might want to try drinking a glass of tonic water. It's very bitter. You can mix it with orange juice of cranberry juice or anything else. It actually is helpful.

Give that a go.
jezbel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote