Thread: newly dx
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmaSue View Post
Hi Deb.
If you have still not obtained any pain meds, I would suggest you ask the Dr. for Tramadol (Ultram). It is my savior. I take 2(50 mg. each) tablets 4 times a day. I have been on so many meds for Fibro, including many narcotics in high doses and none have helped me as much as Tramadol. It also helps with the lack of energy and is gentler than Provigil.

Also, just last month I had my Dr. check my Vit D level after I read on this forum about how Mayo Clinic did a study which showed low levels of it can increase muscle pain a lot. My level was extremely low and I am now taking D3 Cholecalciferol 2000 IU/day and will have my blood retested soon.

Sending you big big hugs and hope, Sue
Tramadol does work wonders, but be careful- you are being carefully watched by the pharmacy when on this drug and your doctor is getting a report about how often you fill it... I found this out when I had no other help for my pain which was suddenly steadily increasing and my pain doctor started ignoring me for weeks... so I started taking an extra half pill every so often... and when I tried to refill early i got in big trouble- no more pills for me- I had to go through full withdrawal for several days and at my appointment with my neuro he told me he got reports about how many pills I get and how often I refill and how many I am taking. And as a result I was not allowed any more, which made life a lot harder, and still does as I know if I had something to keep the pain at bay when I wanted to do something, or go to sleep on a bad day I could have had something- but can't anymore. Just knowing it is out there and I am being shut out from the help is very hard.

Macophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (06-28-2009)