Thread: lost
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think this is very common in pregnancy, more than most people think. I also lost four babies to miscarriages.. one in the 5th month and the baby had died weeks before I aborted.

You have every right and need to grieve for the lost of your baby. He/she was a part of your life even for a short time. When I lost mine it was 30 years and was told that it wasn't really baby. Doctors now have a bit more compassion and I hope you have that is.

I denied my losses until my 16 year old daughter in 2000. I went to a Compassionate Friends meeting and met a woman who had just lost her 6th baby, including one who had been stillborn. She had six children who survived, but she still recognized the need to grieve the babies she lost. I learned a lot from her.

So now each of my babies have a name and a place in my heart. I remember the day they were 'born', even if it wasn't a physical birth. They were still born in some realm, and their presence in my life still made an impact.

Even if others don't understand, you need to allow yourself to grieve and cry. I know from experience, both my own and my husband's, that if you deny your grief, it will effect you later in many different ways. My husband ended up in the hospital the night before our daughter's funeral because he could cope with her death. Why? Because he had never really dealt with his mother's death and his brother's. He held it all in and it caused him an awful anxiety attack that appeared to be a heart attack.

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your baby.
eponabri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-25-2009), GmaSue (07-14-2009), Koala77 (06-24-2009)