View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Cogane trial

Neil,
Did you complete the screening & if so were you accepted for the trial?
I was screened unsuccessfully & I still have no real understanding why. The whole process seemed very rushed - as though if you have Parkinson's you will have few commitments & can decamp at a moment's notice.
Yesterday I attended the launch of 'Healthtalk online' -clinical trials module as one who was filmed. This issue ie patients not getting sufficient information or feedback was raised in the presentation by professionals & by
clips from the site of different patients' experiences. As I see my future health resting on Cogane &/or similar treatments I was probably a lot more emotional about not meeting the (covert) criteria. I hope you can make sense of this feedback.
Angela.

Perry,

I have applied to go on this trial and have received the application papers.

I am not sure how much can be disclosed publicly so I don't want to say too much. It is a 10 week trial and the purpose is stated as "to find out if Cogane is safe and well tolerated in both healthy volunteers and (PD) patients and to determine if there is any difference in the way that the body deals with Cogane between these two groups".

If I am accepted onto the trial then I will let you know and if you forward me any questions I will endeavor to get some answers if I am allowed.

Take care,
Neil.[/QUOTE]