View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Aloha Vic,

I have not been available to read on the forum for quite awhile due to holiday preparation and well of course, health reasons but I am glad that in my minds eye you seem to be turning a corner in preparation to finding some relief for you so that you can live more comfortably. This is a good thing.

I find it ironic that my biggest complaint to my doctor just a few days ago was my cognitive problems. I'm still barely under the age of 50, lol, and of course, some of the memory, speech. These things you do lose at this age, I sit at my computer trying to spell certain words, and just can't anymore! Carrying on a simple conversation has made me very self-conscious as words just don't come to me as quickly. I feel as though I'm speaking like a teenager. Although I do not take oxy or hydrocodone or any pain relievers, I've been on Topomax for several years.

Vic, I also have been having losing weight. To date close to 72lbs. And now plagued with Atrophic Gastris a serious inflammation of the stomach and asophagus. My cholestrol shot up...but now is under control. I'm also hypotension (low-b/p). In my book, somehow all of this must be related to having RSD for 7 years.

It seems like my body wants to go out and do what "others" can do. My only limitation is my arm just can't take it. If I push myself I end up very very sick and I spiral downwards...not only with pain in my arm, but now the stomach, the BP and everything goes downhill.

My motto is where my health is concerned...there is a light at the end of the rainbow. And it's not a gorilla with a flashlight! Yes, Life is Rough. We all have it rough. What works for one, might not work for another. I just recently watched TV and there was a girl who's parents put a HBOT machine in there garage. This gal had RSD. After one month of treatment this girl was up, walking and out of her wheelchair and back in school.

Vic... Mele Kalikimaka...which means...Merry Christmas!

With aloha, Dana

himomdp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote