View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I also lost a friend in a needless way, a few weeks ago. Her name was Colleen and I grew up in her home almost as much as mine. She had a daughter who was my best friend and our mothers were best friends-and we lived just a street apart. Her daughter moved away when she got married and I moved ,too, but not far. So the way life goes, the older you get, the less age difference matters. So she became my very good friend. She saw me through the deaths of my mom in 1982 and my dad last year. She had heart attack symptoms a few weeks ago, including severe neck pain-went to the emergency room and they told her it was not her heart-gave her pain meds and sent her home. Since it "wasn't her heart" she didn't even call her daughter, who is an RN. Went home, took her pain meds and died from a heart attack. In 2009. An ER Dr., in 2009, didn't take her seriously because she was a woman. Can you believe it? Sadly, my pain was starting to get under control enough that I thought I could visit her more this summer and we could do things together. I miss her so much.
~~~~~hua.org~~~~~
Hearts United for Animals
has lots of "magic pain pills"
just waiting to be adopted!
GmaSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (06-25-2009), barbo (06-25-2009), DejaVu (06-25-2009), Koala77 (06-25-2009), Lara (06-30-2009), mistiis (06-25-2009)