View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy I think I get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb02 View Post
I have dealt with this pain since being diagnosed, and gabpentin (generic neurontin) has helped to control it. I essentially experience this in my left forearm and on the top/left side of my head. For the past four weeks, it has become increasingly worse. The burning in my arm is merely anoying, and most of the time I can ignore it. But my head is driving me crazy, and it gets worse throughout the day although it is not constant. I has also been experiencing sharp pains in the same area of my head although that seems to have lessened over the past 2 days.

My neuro has increased my dosage of gabpentin (about 8 days ago) but it is not helping. I now take 900 mg in the morning, 600 mg in the mid afternoon, and anther 900 mg at night. I was taking 600 mg each time. Does anyone else experience this on their heads? Has anyone found anything else to help? I am feeling desperate. I am supposed to call my neuro toward the end of next week if I am still having a problem.
Hi there!
I've had two attacks since first Dx a bit over a year ago and I too have severe pain but only during an attack. I don't know if you are experiencing the same thing.

I have pain that shoots down my legs and arms, it is horrible! I just feel like shaking it off but obviously, that doesn't work. As for my head, I get very very sharp shooting pain in a specific spot for 10 seconds to a few minutes and then it goes away. Then the same pain will come back in another specific spot and do the same thing. Now when I'm talking sharp pain, I mean stop moving and wait 'till it passes and I feel some sort of pressure behind my eyes at the same time (hard to explain).

I talked to my neuro about the pain and he dismissed it pretty quickly considering the amount of it I was experiencing. I'll take note of what you are taking so that maybe next time (hopefully in 30 years... hahaha) I will have a way out. He wanted to prescribe some sort of Codeine or something.

Hope you can relate a bit. As for this being Trigeminal Neuralgia.. I don't think that's what it is since I don't have it in my face... it's really my head!!
fouf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote