View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We took Blitzen to a cat vet . . . and will be changing vets, as the office experience alone was less stressful. Waiting for the vet to call today with lab results, and to see if we will change the strategy. However, (knock on wood) our kitty seems to be slowly making gains.

MrsD . . we feed her only non-grain human quality pet food. Changing her diet is not in the cards, as a prior vet had us changing her food all the time trying to get some weight off, and nearly destroyed her trust in us. We worked with Blitzen until we found a variety of highly recommended food that works for her. She eats only canned food, as she was one of those cats that did not chew her "crunchies" but instead would vomit them up whole.

Kitty . . . we have not only had her on a regimen of Laxair (hairball remedy) but also Reglan, a liver support medication, and even Lactulose. The lactulose has seemed to help move her along some.

The vet is looking at it as possible feline IBD. My first thought was "Oh, goody! Cat and I have the same digestive system disorders!" I have Crohn's . . . so I understand how she feels when she is really ill. . . .

Should know more in a few hours. . . .
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (06-28-2009), GmaSue (06-28-2009), Kitty (06-28-2009), Koala77 (06-25-2009)