View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic license View Post
...just as the disease started its course.

I'm a 25 year old mom of two (a toddler and a babe) and I'm currently doing some part time work from home. After the birth of my daughter (#2) I had patches of numbness in the legs that came and went, plus a short bout of tingling in the hands that came and went. What sent me to the neuro was when one of my feet turned numb and stayed that way for weeks.

They worked me up for peripheral neuropathy, with everything "okay" until the second attack, which was only two months after the first ended and left me with severe leg weakness, numbness up the whole leg into the behind, and ataxia. I had lost all deep tendon reflexes from both knees down. They suspected either MS or CIDP and told me that my symptoms were atypical of MS but since I was a young female needed to rule it out.

So...after MRIs, SSEP and and LP all within a few weeks, I got my diagnosis. I've been lurking around here since I got my MRI which showed "possible" (their words) demyelinating lesions in the c-spine and one in the brain. I figured I had MS from that point on, even though I was not given a diagnosis until after the LP showed oligoclonal bands. The doc thinks we caught the first of the attacks, that I did not have MS prior to this point.

My first step is to figure things out, med wise... I know I want to be on LDN as soon as possible, with three attacks in 6 months I want to start that asap. I have to wait until Jul.8 to see another neuro who is known for being aware of it and who rx's it. I still haven't decided on the DMDs, I'm leaning towards adding in copaxone once I am on LDN. Also trying to make a decision as to whether to try for another child, since that will obviously affect when i start the copaxone.

eh, enough about me, I hope to start chatting with you all soon. To be honest after lurking here MS seemed a whole lot less scary and I was more accepting of the diagnosis when it finally came.
Good luck finding a doctor that will write a Rx for LDN. I've been wanting to try it for three years now and so far, no one will give me a Rx. My regular doctor is considering it, but I actually had to make a deal with him just to get him to consider it. The deal was that I start exercising and then go back and see him in a few weeks.

He only said that he'd think about it, and he has to ask my neuro about it first. Argh!

My neuro told me that he doesnt think that LDN does anything, and then went on to tell me that he doesnt think the injectible that he Rx-ed me doesnt do anything either! (great...nice vote of confidence there) So, now I want to quit the Copaxone and just do LDN, since the LDN doesnt require that I stab myself daily to take it. If the C is not going to do anything for me, why ruin my skin taking it?

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote