Thread: Contact lenses?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just recently got contacts again. My 10 year old DD got contacts so I figured if she got them, I should get them again. I have chronic dry eyes so I can't wear them every day, all day. I just like having them for days I don't feel like wearing my contacts. Like today when we went to the amusement park.

Because I have the dry eyes, and all my medications make it that much worse, my eye doctor told me to put in lubricating drops (for contacts) to keep my eyes moist. That is the biggest problem I have with contacts -- the dry eyes.

With the new contact solutions that are out there, they have all in one multipurpose cleaners. After wearing your contacts you take them out, clean them in your hand and then soak them over night (at least 4 hours). You use the same product for all of the cleaning and soaking.

With the disposable contacts, after about a month you throw them away and take out a new pair.

I had to go for a contact fitting. The doctor suggested a pair of contacts for me to try out. I wore them for about a week and then went back to see him. He looked at the contacts in my eyes to make sure they were right for my eyes. He told me how long I can wear each pair for. In my case he said about a month.

I have an astigmatism so I got the toric lenses, which are a bit more pricey.

When my daughter had her contact fitting, she want back three times. After the first time her contacts were not right for her eyes. So the eye doctor had her try a different kind and they were better for her.

After he knew the pairs we were wearing were right for us, we then ordered 6 months worth of contacts.

The hardest part of contacts if getting used to putting in and taking out the contacts. It takes practice and patience.

I'm so glad I got contacts again. I didn't need a new prescription for my glasses so I didn't have to replace them as well as buy the contacts. And the cost of the contact fitting plus lenses cost less than the new pair of glasses that I wanted.

I say try contacts out - at most you'll loose the fitting fee (if your doctor's office does the same as mine). But if you like contacts, then you can enjoy having them!
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote