View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I wonder if Alffe would like to know that I imagine it's pretty easy to grow potatoes. I used to grow my own Kumara (what we call the yellow sweet potatoes). That was really great. You don't really need heaps of room like pumpkins for example but the best way I found is to made a garden bed with raised edges (a couple of feet high or more if possible) and fill with good crumbly soil mix and you can get heaps. Only problem was that when I used to go hunting for them in the soil with the pitchfork I'd sometimes spear them by mistake. lol I forget how long they took to grow though. It took a while I recall. They need a long summer too, which is certainly what we have here.

I wonder if Koala has possums there that sound as if they're wearing Doc Marten boots as they scamper across (or in ) the roof. I love our possums. They seem to like me too, which is a little strange, but heck it's probably cupboard love... lovingly chopped pieces of fresh paw paw and other fruit LOL Oh dear.

Ok, long wonders, more later.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (07-02-2009), barbo (06-27-2009), DejaVu (06-27-2009), Doody (06-27-2009), Koala77 (06-27-2009), mistiis (06-27-2009)