View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 06:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to our community

I think you're doing the only thing you can do right now for her, yourself and your family. I hope she does turn aorund. I dealt with a great niece on drugs. What a ride that was. I couldn't keep up with her drug-charged life. I only dealt with her every now and then, through her teenage years. It's very sad to see someone you love destroying their life. I do believe drug addiction is a sickness. May be brought on by bad behavior, but once bitten... my heart goes out to you.

I don't have answers for that behavior and the repercussions that happen from indulging in the drug trap. It's easy to find oneself there if you use addicting drugs. It's not something they can control. I do believe that. It's heartbreaking.

Prayer seems to be the strongest hope for a cure and coping, and the addicted loved one has to really, really want God in their life and God has to really, really be there before that will even work.

It's an exhausting battle for an addicted love one, sometimes with grim endings as we see too often. Any effort by the addicted loved one is appreciated. Small accomplishments by an addicted love one should be recognized, even when we know the next breath they take they will fail again, it's still an accomplishment. Not enough but it took a lot to achieve that small effort on their part. I do recognize and appreciate that effort.

My prayers are with you and your family...

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote