Old 06-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_666 View Post
I take half a soma pill like six times a day, as needed, sometimes less than that. It makes me sleepy if I take too much, so I only take the one half. Beware of soma in that it has aspirin in it. I have to take it with some food though, ulcers hurt me if I don't.
Regular Soma 350mg does not have aspirin in it. The oldie Soma Compound does, but is rarely used anymore, since it has only 200mg of Soma per tablet.

Soma is not a good muscle relaxant for those using opiates.
It is metabolized to the old tranquilizer meprobamate which is the active compound. This is quite habit forming as well.
Soma is involved yearly in many deaths due to respiratory failure combined with opiates.
one example in detail:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20030301/letters.html
3rd letter down.

With all the muscle relaxants out there, it would be prudent to choose one that does not have the characteristics of Soma IMO.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-27-2009), ALASKA MIKE (06-27-2009), DejaVu (06-27-2009), Dew58 (07-01-2009)