View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Banned User

15 yr Member
Banned User

15 yr Member

This is certainly helpful. I posted elsewhere that I had noticed some surprising benefits in inflammation and some additional benefits with fatigue (although the fatigue has not completely gone away) by using antioxidant supplements.

What I have mainly used has been*edit*cocktail of different substances that promote reduced intracellular glutathione synthesis and recycling.
1) N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC): to increase the limiting substrate cystine in GSH.
2) Vitamin C: to absorb NAC
3) L-Glutamine: also one of the reagents in the GSH tri-peptide, but I think this also helps recycle GSH.
4) Alpha Lipoic Acid: to help the liver function, since there is a large concentration of GSH in the liver.

There are a few other substances in this mixture, but it really seemed to make a difference with me. *edit*

I still need to look at getting better sleep. I seem to do best with 8 hrs, but I am currently getting 6.5-7 hrs durring the week. Some days I have to go home and lie down at lunch just to make it through the other half of the day.

I also need to read about methylation. How are methylation problems resolved? Isn't methylation part of the body's own developmental regulation? If one removes methylation, could one inadvertantly express oncogenes? Can one demethylate with specificity? These are all questions that I need to understand better.

The idea of controlling methylation seems attractive to me. I wonder if we can do it safely.

Last edited by Chemar; 06-27-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: NT guidelines on commercial posting
TalkingNeuron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (06-29-2009)