View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 06:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default azilect and weight gain

husband has been taking azilect for 1 yr now and has not experienced any weight gain. though the info about side effects on webmd does contain a notice that unusual weight gain is an effect to bring to your doc's attention "immediately": ( a pound a day seems quite alarming to me...and even though i am easily alarmed, were I you, I would call your doc or at least speak with his/her nurse or your pharmacist about this- think about whether your appetitie has increased to such a degree that this amount of weight gain is possible, or are you swelling anywhere, such as in your feet and legs? has your urine volume decreased or are you abnormally thirsty? all questions you will be asked)-

(as usual the side effects listed are numerous...i am just including the paragraph regarding weight gain--you may access the web site for the rest of the side effects

http://tinyurl.com/htmzh

side effects:

Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: fainting, loss of balance, mental/mood changes (e.g., agitation, confusion, depression, hallucinations), worsening muscle stiffness/twitching, changes in sexual ability/interest, increased shaking (tremor), swollen ankles/legs, change in amount of urine, unusual weight gain/loss

If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote