Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 07:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi and Welcome bubulahj,
I happy you found us, but not having RSD. The best thing to go is research as much as you can. Another source of good info. is rsdrx.com A Dr. from Florida just retired , but left the website up. The puzzles are questions and answers, about 140 questions. Getting a knowledgeable Dr. is extremely important. Having a neurologist is great. A pain management Dr. is good. My Dr. is a neuro. phychiatrist, and pharmacologist in one. WC
RSDers usually end up getting an attorney. Don't let them put you off in getting early treatment that is so important. There is no cure for RSD and some of us have it full body and internally. Getting treatment early gives you the best chance of remission. There can be a lot of complications with RSD like: dental problems ( loss of bone) not being aboe t9 work again, not being able to drive (because of meds or seizures) our energy level is down, thus someone else needs to do the heavy cleaning of our home. most of us are on several medications, that insurance doesn't cover. ketamine treatment is expensive, hbot treatment, insurance doesn't cover. There are some WC patients that get lifetime medical
that is put in escrow by WC. Physical therapy and (massage therapy) which isn't covered by most insurnce companies, kept me out of a wheel chair so far and kept me from being crippled in my hands and feet. I'm so grateful that I had private insurance for 150 p.t.
and own funds for 200 plus massage treatments. I've had RSD 13 years, got it next day after surgery, but wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. I didn't sue- so over the years the expenses really add up. The more informed you are the better.
A lot of us have felt the need to get help from a psychiatrist or psychologist to help us adjust to a life altering disorder. We all go thru a grieving process, because there are many losses. We are all here for you. We know our friends here really understand what RSD is like, even thought we are all different. Have RSD, in different parts of our body.,,
I hope I haven't overwhelmed you. I've shared this out of concern, as delay of treatment costs us in more than one way. Please know you can ask anything. Take care and we hope the best for you, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-28-2009), Dew58 (06-28-2009)