View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingNeuron View Post
This is certainly helpful. I posted elsewhere that I had noticed some surprising benefits in inflammation and some additional benefits with fatigue (although the fatigue has not completely gone away) by using antioxidant supplements.

What I have mainly used has been*edit*cocktail of different substances that promote reduced intracellular glutathione synthesis and recycling.
1) N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC): to increase the limiting substrate cystine in GSH.
2) Vitamin C: to absorb NAC
3) L-Glutamine: also one of the reagents in the GSH tri-peptide, but I think this also helps recycle GSH.
4) Alpha Lipoic Acid: to help the liver function, since there is a large concentration of GSH in the liver.

There are a few other substances in this mixture, but it really seemed to make a difference with me. *edit*

I still need to look at getting better sleep. I seem to do best with 8 hrs, but I am currently getting 6.5-7 hrs durring the week. Some days I have to go home and lie down at lunch just to make it through the other half of the day.

I also need to read about methylation. How are methylation problems resolved? Isn't methylation part of the body's own developmental regulation? If one removes methylation, could one inadvertantly express oncogenes? Can one demethylate with specificity? These are all questions that I need to understand better.

The idea of controlling methylation seems attractive to me. I wonder if we can do it safely.

We can control methylation safely if we are supplementing with the correct nutrients for our own biochemistry. One mains poison is another mans medicine in methylation. Thats why the ONE test from genova reveals these errors. But again you need someone who understands how to interpret this test for you, as methylation is just starting to get recognised by the medical communities.

All in all it is an excellent test to tell you what nutrients you need to be supplementing, probably the best in the world, since it looks at your biochemistry.

50% of people are undermethylated while 10-15% are overmethylators and the lucky rest being in the normal.

Improper methylation leads to diabetes, cancer, MS, autistic like features, and peripheral nerve damage. It means the DNA information in your cells are is being mis replicated. But it can be corrected by supplying proper nutrients in the proper form to over ride the conversion process. 50% of people are undermethylated and have no clue what is really happening, but it really depends on if there is a genetic mutation with in their cells if it leads to other disaease such as cancer, MS and diabetes.

As you mentioned those supplements help to increase glutathione which is the body's master antioxidant and of critical importance in the body's detoxification.

When you get methylation working with the right supplements then your body starts to produce enough glutathione.

Good Methylation allows the body to generate enough energy, have a good mood (production of neurotransmitters), starts the healing process, allows correct replication of DNA, healthy immunity, Production of keratin (for hair, skin and nails) and proper detoxification (heavy metals etc.) of the body through the production of glutathione.
MetalMX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (06-29-2009)