Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponabri View Post
I was thinking the same thing. But until someone comes up with a better way to deal with my chronic pain, I'm going to have stick with medication.
If you have to have medication....there are ways to do so safely.

The tragedy with MJ is that his doctors gave him whatever he wanted!

I am reading he was on two different SSRIs! Paxil AND Zoloft?
That makes no sense.
He was supposedly taking Soma with those Demerol shots!
Not safe either. In fact long term use of Demerol ALONE can kill you. One of the metabolites of it causes seizures.

Mixing drugs has recently been in the media besides MJ.
Heath Ledger --one of his drugs was OTC Unisom!
Anna Nicole Smith's son-- mixed methadone with Lexapro in her hospital room no less and died there.

This is a huge problem in this country. Kids are raiding their parents medicine cabinets for fun. One parent brought me a cigar box with hundreds of pills mixed in it, she found in her child's room. He got it at school and was keeping it for another who was in trouble! The kids have parties and take what they want sort of like a Russian Roulette of drugs--- not even knowing doses or what they are swallowing!

People with chronic pain may go to another doctor for another problem, and be given a drug that may react to what they are using for pain. Check those lists at the site I gave you. Many drugs are added there as reports come in!

It does seem a shame with all our technological advances that we cannot help people with the most common complaint--pain, without messy unwanted effects.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-28-2009), ali12 (06-28-2009), Dew58 (06-28-2009), loretta (06-28-2009), Summertime (07-03-2009)