View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry about your daughter. I can only imagine how hard it is for you to deal with all the things she has done.

Personally, I think you're doing the right thing with tough love and not giving in when she tries to manipulate you. There are a lot of people here who have gone through the same thing with children and with siblings as you are going through with your daughter.

Thanks for the links, and also for the kind words or encouragement. After the Michael Jackson ordeal, I can now see how this can happen so easily without friends or family able to stop it. My daughter is staying with friends and she has called acting to be all whacked out, we were thinking here we go, try to make us feel sorry for you so you can move back home and abuse us more. Her friend contacted me w/o her knowing, I told them, yes we have kicked her out, she can't come home until she helps herself get better. She is definitely abusing her prescription drugs. She has a total of 8 different drugs ranging from ibuprofen to Prozac. I'm sure mixing them up, abusing them, can make you appear bi polar, schizophrenic etc.
Our heart is very heavy, I can't sleep, I have such a knot in my stomach, just waiting for that phone call, one can only pray a parent never has to receive. Thanks again for your advice and helping me realize, this is something we have to do to give her a chance to grow up and take responsibility for the outcome.
almondgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-28-2009), azoyizes (06-28-2009), Dmom3005 (06-28-2009)