View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi AintSoBad--I haven't posted here for a LONG time, due to progression of the RSD in my hands and arms, so I must limit the use of the P.C.

I read Mike's post, and he is SPOT ON! YOur case is NOT "hopeless", provided that you find a COMPETENT atty who can rep you ASAP....

Although I am not an attorney, I have had edxdperience in the legal field. First, generally speaking, family heirlooms are YOUR "sole and seperate" property, and your wife has NO CLAIM to those possessions that YOU inherited.

Secondly, if you can not obtain a copy of your pre-nup, then have your NEW attorney SUBPOENA IT directly from your wife.

If/WHEN you DO get a new atty, your former attorney MUST provide your case file to the new atty--ALL OF IT, except certain things that might be considered "protected work priviledge". Your NEW attorney will be able to handle this for you.

Finaly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you MUST report this sleeze-bag attorney to your State's BAR ASSOCIATION. Sometimes, just the THREAT of filing a complaint with the State Bar by a client, such as yourself can produce "miracles" in just HOW the atty will COOPERATE with you on your case! That is, if YOU want to continue to have him rep you!

Again, PLEASE follow Mike's very fine suggestions! Even though this is a PAINFULLY SLOOOOOW process, you MUST protect YOU, no matter HOW long the legal process takes in your divorce. With COMPETENT counsel to assist you, the process can, and SHOULD be, FAR less painful!

So--HANG IN THERE, and get on the phone TOMORROW!!!!

All the best to you....

Brokenwings
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-28-2009), aj822 (06-29-2009), fmichael (06-30-2009), loretta (06-28-2009)