View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You are right Mike, I didn't see the tag showing the full text.

I thought it was odd that I had not heard anything about it before, but with only one crps patient it doesn't seem as plausible as the abstract indicates. If I had read that I would not have posted this looking for more info.

I can't comment on academic gaming going on in the in the research field, but I have been to Saarbrücken, Germany to talk to Dr. Rohr. He works in a small regional hospital linked to Dr. Kiefer and the university that Keifer works out of. Dr. Rohr told me he would refer me to Schwartzman if I wanted but since my doctor here was already set up with Schwartzman's lidocaine protocols in didn't seem necessary. They are a tight group, but very willing to share their knowledge. Rohr gave my husband and I a 2 hour consult and never charged us a cent, perhaps because we flew all that way to see him.

It was the same thing with the hospital I went to in Schleswig in the north of Germany, just a very small regional hospital with links to the education and research done by Dr. Ralf Baron who is the Head of the Division of Neurological Pain Research and Therapy and Vice Chair of the Department of Neurology, Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel, Germany. They have very well educated doctors and staff but you are right I don't see too much cross linking of his research including with the ketamine 3 American or German.

Alsaka Mike you are right it is the same as the remicade infusion for crohns. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remicade

I'm sorry if this thread gave anyone any false impression. I got a little excited to think there could possibly be an new alternative for us. I'll keep digging though to see if there has been any further developments with Infliximab for CRPS.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ALASKA MIKE (06-29-2009), Dew58 (06-28-2009), fmichael (06-28-2009)