Thread: RSD Options
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr.S-RSD

Dr.S is my Doc too, Iv'e had this monster TOS-RSDx 15 years.He is the best....
I was scheduled for Ketamine but chickened out...
I'm in a horrible flair as we speak and know what you feel
As for the Percocet, my RSD began after a c-section in which they cut my bladder in half,the TOS was from an MVA in 92. I don't know which pain was worse...well OB prescribed Percocet and I felt I couldn't get off of them, took them for three months. My primary Doc who is a friend of mine said to me, "listen, flush the bottle today, be done with them or you will be on them for 10 years. I took my last one that day. Just my experience.
I drop things, have tremors, numbness, redness of neck, chest and arms. I'm in a bad flair now because of vacuuming, lifting and my five year old who sneaks into bed in the middle of the night and I wake up on my side, twisted, contorted and unable to move.Oh and any driving over 30 minutes or so (the seat belt, the way in which you hold the wheel)
When I'm in a state like today, I take a hot bath/shower, lido patches, a soma, then a Darvocet and 400mg of Motrin....this combo usually breaks the cycle, temporarily
then I still have to care for the kids, the house, can't drive with the meds......it's exhausting
My family will never understand this, bottom line.
Indea88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-28-2009)