View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Me again...

I was looking through the excessive list of files in my laptop and found some things that may help folks to understand where we have come from the time the drug was pulled and where they started looking at PML and Tysabri.

The first is the conference call from Biogen Idec the day Tysabri was pulled from market Feb 28, 2005. It's LONG but there's a LOT of info in there.

http://siliconinvestor.advfn.com/rea...msgid=21088871

The second is Lauren Roberts' blog and there's a WEALTH of info there too. I found one patient who sent her a letter who has been on Tysabri since July of 2002 with an 18 month break while Tysabri was off market. That means the poster has been on Ty for a total of 66 doses+-.

"As a study patient, I have been taking Tysabri since July of 2002...That's almost six years. I had to take a 18 month hiatus when the drug was connected to the deaths of two subjects in my study pool. That said, as soon as it was offered again, I jumped at the chance. When I started the Tysabri, I was having difficulty walking. After 8 Tysabri treatments, I was back to running. Only a half a mile at a time, but I slowly worked my way back and played competive (over 35 league) soccer for a summer!
I know that people are worried about side effects. All I can add is that my fellow subjects, if they were going to have side effects, they had them right away...within the first few treatments.
I hate the pernicious nature of this disease--going to bed not knowing how your health will be when you wake. This treatment has cured me of that nightmare."

http://lauren-livingwithms-aolcomlgl....blogspot.com/

Lauren is very careful and checks and re-checks her facts before posting.. She's been involved with Tysabri for a long time and her blog is one of the places I go when I need more info about past info on Tysabri! Thanks to her for her VERY comprehensive blog!

Just FYI...

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (06-28-2009), Natalie8 (06-29-2009), SallyC (06-28-2009)