View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I thank all of you for your thoughts on meds for pain. For me, I can't imagine enduring this disorder without appropriate pain meds and others meds that work on nerve pain. Because of the combinations most of us take, I believe it's important to have a pain management Dr. or one Dr.. knowledgeable about interactions of meds. And we need to be responsible to following directions regarding amounts and timing of these meds.
My Dr., these last 5 years, happens to be involved in studies and writing up reports for a couple pharmaceutical companies. I know, for myself, that taking the appropriate meds allows me to sleep, which keeps me sane and in less pain, able to swim and stretch and exercise, which keeps me mobile so far. I have full body RSD 13 years. Besides having RSD, I have fibromyalgia, and trigeminal nerve disorder. I am grateful to have a caring Dr.
I am never really 'comfortable' until after my 2nd set of meds. I take them 3 times a day.
I never feel a 'high', just tolerable comfort level. I'm on vicodin-6 pills a day. I take 2 at a time 3 times a day. We need to be reponsible and honest with our Dr. I can't see how laws could forbid chronic pain patients from being treated in a responsible way. Drs. that don't act responsibly and over medicate their patients don't need a license. We'll see how everything plays out. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote