Thread: Hello All...
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hello All...

Hello, I am Dew and it is nice to meet you

I have been dx with Fibromyalgia for appx. 5 yrs,now. I didn't even know that I had been dx, as my doctor never actually told me. I was seeing PCP for female problems, and peri-menopausal concerns. Aches and pains, depression, and as far as I knew, there was no name for what I had..until I read my medical records.

I had to collect my medical records for a WC, Independent Medical Exam. I read my records, and there it was, Fibromyaglia! Once I saw the dx on paper, it answered so many questions I had about the pain and changes in my physical activity.

I usually post in the RSD/CRPS forum, as I am dealing with WC ins.comp., and all the stress that goes with that entity. I was dx with RSD 1 1/2 yrs after the intial injury. A 2nd injury to my right knee made it clear why I was not healing, and got worse instead of healed.

I am disabled now and draw SSDI.

I look forward in getting to know each of you.

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote