View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile What I do to feel better and meds I take on a daily basis.

To ease the aches and pains from FM and RSD, I often take very, very warm Epsom Salts baths. It does calm the muscle spasms down. Meditation exercises also ease my stress levels.

I see a Pain Mgt. doc, and a psychologist on a regular basis.

My medications are as follows:
Tramadol x2 every 6 hrs (50 mg ea tablet)Break through pain
Cymbalta x3 (60 mg ea. capsules)
OpanaER x2 (20 mg. every 12 hrs) Long term chronic pain* RSD/CRPS & FM
High Blood Pressure Diovan/HCT x 1(160/25 mg. tablet)
Mobic x1 (15 mg.) Anti-Inflammatory
Xanex x 3 to 4 (.25 mg) Anxiety
Tens Unit
Neurontin 2400 mg. per day
Flector Pain Patch
Lidoderm Pain Patches
Heating Pad

I have taken Lyrica;however, it made me experience a drunk feeling and trouble with my vocabulary. I prefer Neurontin, as it does calm the intense burning,jabbing chronic pain I live with 24/7.

I have a sleeping disorder, and I have taken AmbienCR..does not work for me anymore, so I stopped taking it. Melatonin is ok, but I was not able to stay asleep( maybe 2 hrs).

Before the two WC injuries to my right knee, followed by the RSD/CRPS dx, my PCP prescribed Cymbalta, HBP med, Lortab, and 600 mg. Lyrica. Then, I was switched to 1200 mg. Neurontin ,because of bad effects/affects that I experienced from the Lyrica.

My dx of multiple syndromes/diseases overlap each other, and the meds I have to take for RSD also work for FM, Major Depression/Anxiety, and Insomnia. I try to stay positive, and stay away from situations/people that induce stress. WC is a real pain in itself, so I have an atty. to deal with that mess.

I hope I have assisted you in some way.

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (07-12-2009), tamiloo (04-20-2010)