View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomer View Post
surgery postponed again ,,,scheduled for a S1-L5-L4 fusion on 6/29/09 and it got postponed again to 7/6/09 now, after soo long waiting now i have an extra week of anxiety to go through. I'm somewhat afriad going into this, but cant wait to have it done. I know the healing is still a long road to go down, I just want to get started.
Bloomer, it is tough to have the surgery postponed, I can relate that you just want to get it over and done with, I was so scared before hand.

I am now 7 weeks post fusion and have been constantly surprised by how well it has gone compared with the pre-op expectations! I am able to walk for miles, something I haven't been able to do for such a long time, every time I am out, I walk with great pride. I remember that just a few weeks ago I struggled to the first lamppost, then the next and the next until I realised that I could walk around the block!

I can't sit for too long without getting uncomfortable and as yet can't get back to work as a nurse, but I am beginning to feel that that is only around the corner. I am very careful to follow the instructions given to me by my Dr and Physiotherapist.

Good luck and have faith that you will feel so much better in only a month or so.
Corronz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)