View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can empathise with your condition. I too had my procedures done over 2 years ago. the right came out pretty darn good. the left has been the problem causer for me... I too have pain in the chest and numbness and burning sensation down the inside edge of the left arm. As far as what is causing that none of the dr.s i have seen has been able to help me with yet. There has been pt, meds, injections and epiderals.

Doc's thought at first it was nerves healing but after a year they gave that idea up. then they thought it could be a tear in the shoulder causing it. MRA proved that to be out of the question. So what do they try now. As of now they pretty much dont have a clue, mostly just guesses and such. One dr. thinks maybe cut nerve or compression on the nerves still. another dr things part of the rib is still there or still compressions. thing is no two dr's will agree on one thing.

best bet i can say is get back to the dr that did the surgery and tell him what is going on. if they got everything right with it when the surgery was done you should have had little to no problems with it by now. try to get in to see a neurologist to see if theres nerve damage or compressions. Depression with not being able to work will also cause you some physical pain. Ive been off for over 2.5 years now just because of my left arm and chest pains. talk to your primary dr. and see about getting something to help with the depression. I have been told that all the problems i have are treatable, its just finding the right dr. that knows what he is doing with it.

As most of the toser's here will tell you finding one to due that isn't the easiest thing to due, especially if you have already had 1 or both of the surgery's done.. Best of luck to you and if i find out whats causing mine before you do believe me i will pass on this valueble tidbit of information.
chris.
oldsman2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote