View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 10:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Food for thought? allergies vs sensitivities

I just read an article (http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/12/26....ap/index.html) about treating children with life-threatening food allergies with miniscule amounts of the allergen, until over time, they are able to tolerate a small amount of the allergen. This seems like a great idea if a tiny piece of a peanut can kill you. But how does this treatment compare to celiac and gluten (and other) food sensitivities?

I know people that swear by NAET. Its some form of alternative treatment that is supposed to "cure" food allergies/sensitivities. One mom I know took her child for NAET treatments which resolved eczema caused by (they thought) wheat and dairy. The child now eats wheat and dairy. This too sounds great! But on these boards, I've learned so much about long-term health problems, auto-immune conditions, etc. stemming from leaky gut. Is NAET (assuming it really does work?) safe for food sensitivities that aren't related to gluten? or dairy?

I've restricted dairy, egg, gluten, corn and soy from my son's diet, yet I listen to these other mom's say their children can eat foods x,y,z now with no problems.
jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote