View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
Why, when someone is "suspected" of abusing pain killers are some people always so fast to try and compare those people to people taking pain medication for RSD? What does it have to do with RSD patients, anyway?

Does this kind of comparison happen to cancer patients, MS patients, Fibro patients, ...?
You are correct CRPSbe, it doesn't, however, AintSoBad is correct in his concern because it may effect my wife's treatment in our particular area of the US. One reason it took 4 years for my wife to receive pain control for her RSD was because the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) targeted several pain management doctors in my area, Mclean, Virginia. One very popular doctor found himself in jail for 3 years over a single teenage patient, one out of 300) who sold her prescriptions on the street. He won his appeal while in prison but it put the fear big time into pain doctors. An American TV news program, 60 Minutes, produced a story on him several years ago. The DEA put 2 other doctors through the ringer locking another one up for sometime. As my wife suffered, and expressed this to one of her sisters, who is in the medical field, that her sister really needs her pain under control now because she is losing the battle her sister expressed concern that she would become an addict and that would be worse than the pain and maybe she should move about more, hypnosis, accupunture etc. That, I said, would be fine but first she needs her pain under control. I then asked her if she looked into the disease RSD and she said she did. What is it, I said, that you don't understand then? At this time I thought it would be better if my wife had cancer instead and mentioned it to her in which she agreed.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-30-2009)