Thread: Headache 24/7
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I really like what Peter B has to say and when I get a chance, will re read his posts.

It's been my experience as well that stress and muscle tension go hand in hand and can lead to or worsen headache pain.

Perhaps you might look into exercise to strengthen your eye. Or perhaps relax your muscles.

Are you getting in any exercise in general? It sounds so very simple, but exercise oxygenates the cells and this likely relaxes the muscles.

What medications are you taking for bad pain? Be sure not to take anything that causes a "rebound" effect...you might want to talk with the doctor about this. I understand Naproxen is often good for mild pain and Imitrex for more serious pain.

Additionally, you have been through a very serious, very debilitating and traumatic event. Have you considered therapy to discuss it all?

I'm absolutely, positively not saying that this pain is not very real and that you do not have a real and true physical cause for it all. However, it's been my experience that often stress can cause tension and muscle tightening...worsening our headaches.

If you are a teacher or a student..perhaps you can use the summer months to explore beginning a gentle to moderate exercise routine and or massage therapy.

I'm so sorry for your difficult pain and wishing you relief in the not too distant future.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (07-08-2009)