View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post

http://lauren-livingwithms-aolcomlgl....blogspot.com/

Lauren is very careful and checks and re-checks her facts before posting.. She's been involved with Tysabri for a long time and her blog is one of the places I go when I need more info about past info on Tysabri! Thanks to her for her VERY comprehensive blog!
This is a great blog, thanks for the link. I like the quote she has on there (from someone on a message board) that basically sums up what I've been feeling about the CRAB drugs:

Quote:
And I have never seen anyone accused of being a Betaseron, Copaxone, Avonex, or Rebif "cheerleader," because let's face it... at best they're merely tolerable and might help slow progression down a little, and at worst they're fraught with miserable side effects, and don't slow down progression at all.
As far as the PML risks go, even though I'm not in a place where I'd consider Tysabri, I still think that the issue is blown a little bit out of perspective. To compare, I know that this is another thorny issue, but compare to childhood vaccinations. Statistically there are higher risks of "adverse events" from those yet most of us still vaccinate our children, even though the risk of contracting those diseases is relatively small. With MS there is a sure decline in one's health vs. a low risk of a major complication. Given how well the drug works for most people I totally understand why people choose it. Being new to this disease I also really appreciate the fact that this type of drug even exists!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (06-30-2009)