View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Well, Alffe, you know...when it looks like it is ready to be picked-and hopefully about half a day before the pests find it.
I remember on the farm, my FIL would always try to get the sweet corn close to it's peak, but just gefore the coons decided it was ripe. many times you could hear him grumbling because they would have a moonlit picnic before the morning he showed up to pick the sweet corn.
Here in Iowa, people get crazy about their sweetcorn; even going so far as to have a huge pot of water boiling on the stove while they are picking it-now THAT's fresh sweet corn!
BTW, I wish some of that fresh Iowa sweet corn was on my plate right now-but no.
On my plate is a lot of work that is overdue and long hours ahead trying to keep my spirits up so I can do it, instead of just putting it back for "a better time".
I sure wish I was a neighbor to some of you. I love tackling work with the Buddy System! I could help you do your work, and you could help me. And we could grumble and gossip all the way through it. oops, I mean we could have uplifting talk while we worked! lol
~~~~~hua.org~~~~~
Hearts United for Animals
has lots of "magic pain pills"
just waiting to be adopted!
GmaSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-30-2009), barbo (06-30-2009), Lara (06-30-2009)