View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
I am not sure what your experience is with your neuro, but most of us were handed a bag of literature and tapes and told to go home and call back when we chose a drug. I don't know of any other disease where they do that.
thank you for the support.... nope, I got no information. Just a quick "debriefing" in his office and an ultimatum-of-sorts to call him in a week with my decision. I didn't really demand any info, partly b/c I was peeved at his attitude and didn't want to prolong the visit, but mainly because I figured all I would get is the same marketing info I can download directly from the manufacturer's online.

It's exciting to hear of people that are good responders to any drug, really.... a lot of times you just hear the stories of people who the med works only so-so for them, or not at all, which is unfortunate. It's reassuring that I have come across a few good positive stories for the ABCR/CRAB drugs (where the heck does that second acronym come from btw?)

A question on PML-- is it fair to say that this is a disease that comes about as a result of immune suppression or is the reason not very well understood yet?

Also, a question on Tysabri-- does it impair one's immune function in a general way, or is it more targeted to the MS? In other words, does one have a higher risk of coming down with common viruses/bacterial infections? And does one tend to stay sick longer?

Thanks!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (06-30-2009)