View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Rain, rain...go away...come again months from now...please!

Yes, here in the NE has been quite wet since the beginning of May.

Today began with sunshine then the rain started at noon.

I love the rain, but is it too much to ask for a whole week of no rain!! Weekly checkin...June 29, 2009-holy_cow2-jpg

I found my true PD-limits last week in Philadelphia. We had a whole afternoon between my 11:30am MRI and my doc appt the next morning. I tried to walk six blocks to Independent Square so my granddaughter could see the Liberty Bell. Then we walked...well, I attempted to walk...to Christ Church and the Betsy Ross House...my daughter wanted to see the Betsy Ross House. I wouldn't give up or give in, which is not always a good thing...stubborn and bull-headed is in my genes...LOL. Some days I wish I was one of those PWPs who can walk fast, usually leaving me in the dust.

I was both pitiful and comical when I finally gave up and we went to the hotel. I asked my daughter what time it was. She said 3pm. Oh my gosh, I thought from how exhausted I was that it had to be 6pm.

Needless to say, they were both very kind to me!

By the time I reported to the doc's office the next morning I was more Off than most visits form the physical stress of the day before (had to report without meds for 12 hours)...dragging my right leg, stooping badly, the whole deal.

Yes, WINGS and GOLDEN GIRLS are both very funny.

And yes, PD is so unpredictable! For the first time, my therapist commented on how bad my tremor was today. It was pretty bad!!

Good night all.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote