View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Mike, I am not sure if this is what your talking about, but I just typed in "Schwartzman AND ketamine" and got 6 hits.
To be clear. Yes, there should be lots of articles by Robert Jay Schwartzman, M.D. about ketamine.

My point was that Birklein et al failed to list even low dose ketamine as one of a number of treatments, where we know it's gaining widespread acceptance around the world - particularly for acute cases - but they then (for whatever it's worth) buttress their ostensibly encylopeadic article with 66 carefully chosen citations, including all of the big names in the U.S., but not that of Dr. Schwartzman, who has been the senior and perhaps most prolific guy here for decades.

Then when you look at who writes with whom, distinct cluster patterns emerge. To the point that neither of Dr. Schwartzman's German collegues ever publish with the leading RSD academics in their own country.

It's almost as though the Birklein/Maihofner/Blaes group doesn't acknowledge the existence of Drs. Schwartzman, Kiefer and Rohr, or, more importantly, their work. And yet I've seen nothing in the literature in which they attack the use of ketamine either: to the point that running either Birklein or Maihofner or Blaes AND ketamine yields the null set. Something is going unsaid.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (07-01-2009)