View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I tried digestive enzymes back when I had my "problem"...I used a product from NOW that was high in bile salts.
It didn't work well.

It wasn't until I had the sorbitol attack last summer, when I really stopped eating just about everything, except crackers and chicken soup, that I discovered the link to fructose.

It was a Gatorade that set me off.

I've cut out all fructose. No fruit juices, no jams or jelly, no cookies, cakes, etc.

I found I could have an orange now and then, but not bananas or cherries.

Fructose on an empty stomach works faster than after a meal.

The only candy I do now is a small bit of dark chocolate now and then. A small amount of sucrose is okay for me after a meal.
But even a small amount of sucrose in my morning tea was setting me off on an empty stomach. So I use Splenda now.

If you Google Fructose intolerance you will find alot of interesting data. It is quite common, and some people now believe it causes IBS in some patients.

I have found some very low carb yogurts. One is Kroger's Carbmaster. So far I do about 3 or 4 yogurts a week, all LITE or Carbmaster type, without a problem.
One thing I have to say goodbye to is Campbell's tomato soup...it has high fructose corn syrup in it. Also Ketchup sets me off now. Most BBQ sauces have alot of sugar too. Jack Daniel's #7, I can tolerate, but no more honey types!

I have wondered if it was a Candida reaction. I haven't had testing for that.

It was hard at first. But now I don't really miss the sugars. I didn't eat alot of sweets anyway. It will be more challenging on vacation this year, as food storage and available alternate things is much more limited up there, than here in the city.

But I still have my gall bladder...it came very close to the knife!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (07-01-2009)